Sunday, July 1, 2007

Tragic incident at mall

Very recently I read a good blog about safety standards at malls. I always wanted to write something like that and appreciated the writer for doing it before I did. Yesterday, there was a heart breaking incident at the Garuda Mall, Bangalore where a boy fell from fourth floor and died. When I visited this mall around a month ago for the first time along with my sister kids, I was wary of these hazards almost every minute. Every time the younger child misses to hold my finger, I used grab her close to me. I kept warning all the adults that accompanied me to hold her always. I am acrophobic of second kind my self, and feel everyone would be (should be). I used to keep at least one foot away from the railing even if I have to watch some thing down under, for a moment. I never go even near the railing. I never felt encouraged to visit malls now-a-days, for they are always too crowded, wait for hours to get parking, even to get out, and to move with in the mall. Long queues (none follows actually) for lifts. And lifts are so tiny that not all members of a small family would fit in. Lets hope at least in future, these developers would consider the safety standards as their main criteria while designing and building malls.

No comments: